Messages

Monday, June 20, 2011

I saw a Beggar

Today I saw a beggar.
In a side street crouched closely to a big wall in a corner like a frightened animal.
He was short, black and dirty and had a lean body frame.
Who is he ?
Born to a beggar. I do not know. May be or may not be.
He too would have born to normal parents but may not be rich when compared to others.
Many become beggars because they are lazy and they find begging very profitable and comfortable.
No worries, No struggles except a fight or two with some stray dogs or with some anti social thief.
No tax planning and No restrictions.
I have seen the following beggars many years ago.
In Tuticorin a port town in Tamilnadu one old man used to beg near a railway gate on the road near the sea.
To my astonishment one day I saw the Branch Manager of Grindlays Bank stopping his car near him to wish him a Good Day.
I later found that(imagine this was in 1970) this beggar had a deposit to the tune of Rs.10,000/- and is a valuable customer of Grindlays Bank, Tuticorin.
I have seen many beggars lending money to shopkeepers regularly.
In Vellore another town in Tamilnadu I found a girl of age around 20 begging in trains bound for then Madras and Bangalore and she owned three houses in the town of Vellore and was collecting rent from the tenants and had a big balance in her Bank Account.
But she continued her profitable venture of begging regularly.
On seeing all these I have stopped giving alms to any one who come begging to me as I not sure whether I am better off than them financially.
And when you encourage beggars it is heard that seasoned beggar criminals catch hold of young children maim them and force them to go around begging inviting the sympathy of those who suspect nothing but believe and donate liberally.
Now a days I find that big reputed companies in the fields of manufacture etc., and service providers in the field of communication etc., behaving like beggars and at time ordinary beggars are thousand times better than these white collared multi million turnover company bosses the so called industrialists and big shots of commerce.
These people reject supplies on wrong reasons and then steal them silently, and again they steal from crores of mobile users by stealing stealthily a meagre amount of one rupee from a connection now and then but the amount they collect at the end of the operation is a few crores of Rupees.
These big Managers, owners and bosses of huge empires of business and commerce and industry are the real beggars of today and I am sure that their mom would have slept with a beggar to give birth to these bastards.
But in the society they are recognized as big industrial tycoons.
God save us from these goonda elements.
Digg this

No comments:

Post a Comment