Messages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My Dog and Me

Early Morning
I came out of my house to take the Newspaper thrown into the compound of my house by the newspaper boy
A mild sound was heard by me
I looked at the direction from where the sound came
Behind the bushes a small puppy was hiding itself
A beautiful white puppy
Hi Puppy - Papa shall we keep this puppy
My young son's happy voice was heard behind me
Good Food
Loving Care
Soon the puppy grew into a big Dog
It barked loud and wagging its tail went round the house happily
One day I was talking to my friends in the garden
While talking suddenly I stepped back
Wow
A sharp barking sound
And I felt a sharp pain in my leg
Yes I have stepped on my dog who was lying behind me by mistake as I have not noticed it earlier
The dog unable to bear the sudden pain has barked and bitten me without any intention involuntarily
I had my bloody wound cleaned and had treatment from my family Doctor
But until my wound was healed the dog feeling very guilty did not eat properly and felt very unhappy
I hugged it with understanding
Unable to bear a pain and that too a sudden unexpected severe pain has made it to bite invouluntarily
And that is the habit of animals
They cannot bear a pain
So they bark and bite automatically without control
That is animal instinct

I too behaved like a dog

From the morning I had a burning sensation intolerable pain due to a swelling due to heat in the anus, a stage prior to piles
A burning pain as if I have been torched with a fire
Continuous burning
Unable to bear
Could not even sit properly
And I had more work to do in the Office that day
I could not take any leave also
I felt very angry and irritated
I could not face any one with out anger or irritation
I could not be my normal self
I could hear the conversation between two of my customers outside the Banking Hall
Why Sir is barking like a dog today so irritated and angry
The words immediately pierced me
I came to my senses

Yes what is the difference between me and my dog
Am I not a Human Being
Can I behave like an animal ?
If I behave like an animal then I am also another animal only
No
I am not an animal
I am a Human Being
I will live and behave like a Human Being
OK
I again became a Human Being

The swelling became bigger
The burning sensation has increased manifold
It became unbearable

Then I realised
I am not this body
God I am only an Atman - a Spirit
Not this physical body
This is not my body
I have no connection with this body
God let this body suffer with the burning sensation
Let this body suffer the pain
I am not going to think of it
I am not going to give it any importance
God until YOU cure it YOURSELF I am not going to consider it as a suffering
I will only take medication but will not worry about this suffering
Because I am a Human Being
And not an animal
I will suffer my pains
And I will not impose my sufferings on others
It is my pain
I have to bear it
And I will not share it with others
I am here in service to only serve others with a smile
That is why YOU have given me this Birth and this Job
I will not betray the belief YOU have on me
I will honor YOUR Confidence in me
I will not share my personal sufferings with others and that too in my office
Because I am a Human Being and not an animal

Only an animal will pass on its sufferings to others
And in suffering will harm others without any control

The body was burning in pain - severe pain
But I smiled and with a happy face continued my work as usual
Every body around me also became happy and the whole atmosphere was full of happiness
And in that happy mood I could tolerate my pain and the burning sensation better and could do my work forgetting the pain
Within two, three day I became normal with the swelling subsiding and the pain stopped
I became alright
God Thank YOU Lord My Master

Most of the people whom you meet daily with an angry face or with an irritated temper suffer with some or other ailment both mental and physical. Poor things. Please forgive them.
Digg this

No comments:

Post a Comment